Thursday, April 25, 2013

Abu Dhabi

Steve had to go to Abu Dhabi for a month for some training for work. It was the longest month of my life. He's usually gone for 2 weeks, but he's only 3 1/2 hours away, so he could get home pretty quick if I really needed him. This time he was far enough away that he might as well have been on another planet. To keep from wallowing too much, the boys and I spent 2 weeks at my parents house. Mom and Lori did a good job keeping us entertained.
 We made a little construction playhouse that fits over a card table. It turned out really cute and the boys loved it.
 

 We also took the boys to Jungle Jims. There were mixed feelings about it. They ended up being afraid of the rides that I thought they would like, and loving the rides I thought they would be afraid of. Go figure.




We have a swing set at home, and both of them love to swing. Unfortunately both of them screamed and bawled the entire time on the swing ride.

I don't have any of Steve's Abu Dhabi pictures to put on here. But what he's said about it is that it was pretty much a sandy slum and that the food changed color but not flavor. Needless to say, he wasn't any happier about being gone than we were to have him gone. It is so nice to have him back.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment