Friday, October 22, 2010

better

This week started out really badly, but thank goodness it is getting better. Jacob was having a lot of trouble tolerating his food over the weekend. I thought he had gotten as far as he was going to get, but the Dr stopped one of his medications, and he has done great the last two days, and is up to 23mls/hr on his feedings. He also gets to take a bottle 4 times a day now (they just turn off the continuous feed for an hour, and give him what he would get in that hour in a bottle).

On Monday, a nurse made a potentially dangerous mistake which got me very upset, but luckily Jacob is fine. I talked to the charge nurse about it and she promised me Jacob would never have that nurse again, so I am feeling better.

Jacob is finally out of isolation. After 5 weeks in solitary confinement, I am loving seeing people again. Isolation is exactly how it sounds, very, very isolating. Jacob is loving it too. He's not content to just lay in his crib and sleep all day. He is bored, so I think he is enjoying having more to look at in the new room.

Jacob rolled over a couple of days ago! Of course I missed it, but see how close he is in the picture, he started out on his back and got this far by himself.
I love this picture. Jeremiah was pretending he was an elephant, and the cups are his tusks.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're both out of isolation! Hurray. Exciting to be fed from a bottle too. Glad the end of the week has shown such an improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! No more isolation is great. Will was looking at the pictures while I read. He's very interested in Jeremiah. Maybe someday we'll actually be able to get them together.

    ReplyDelete