Thursday, November 18, 2010

We're home

After 116 days in the hospital, we are all finally home. The first couple of days were really chaotic, but I think things are getting better now. Jacob didn't want to sleep at all the first few nights, but last night he only woke up every three hours. I just got back from a Dr appointment, and he is gaining weight. He has also been doing really well tolerating his feeds this week, so hopefully the Dr (a diferent one) will agree that we should decrease the TPN a little and increase his bottles. Jacob would love that, poor kid is starving. He drinks his bottle in literally 15 seconds, and he can't have any more for another three hours. I still haven't quite gotten the hang of moving him around. He has three pumps, one of which has to be plugged in pretty much all of the time. Most of the time everything is just on an IV pole, and a wheel it around with him. However, it's really hard when you have to leave the house. Home health gave us backpacks (yes, plural) to carry the pumps and IV bags in, but everything doesn't fit into one backpack. I barely fit through the door carrying Jacob in his carseat, 2 backpacks (which have to stay upright), and my purse. I think I'm just going to have to come up with my own bag because this is just ridiculous.
Despite the hiccups, it is really great to have the whole family living in the same place again. Jeremiah loves playing with Steve, and is trying to share all of his toys with Jacob. Still working on sharing gently, but luckily he hasn't hurt Jacob, and he is getting better at it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you all are home now. Before long you'll be a pro lugging all of the packs around. YAY for a new doctor. I hope things continue to go well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad things are getting better. I'm so happy you're whole family is finally together again! Good luck with the backpacks-I cannot even imagine how hard that must be.

    ReplyDelete